Chewy Chocolate Cookie Recipe
My sister Donna gave me this recipe which comes from a recipe blog. I switched to this recipe instead of the one I used for years because these cookies taste way better, especially fresh out of the oven. There are various additions you can make. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and sliced almonds, instead of white chocolate chips.
When baking, make sure to not over-bake them. Even if they look under-done, they are usually ready after 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven. I bake at 350'F in a convection oven, so it may take a bit longer with a regular oven. I usually set the timer for 8 minutes and then check them and add a couple more minutes and check again so I don"t over-bake them.
- • 1 c. margarine, softened (2 squares)
- • 1 c. white sugar
- • 3/4 c. brown sugar
- • 2 large eggs
- • 1 tsp. vanilla
- • 1 3/4 c. white flour
- • 1 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- • 1/4 tsp. salt
- • 2 tsp. baking soda
- • 2 c. white chocolate chips or sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2-3 min on high). Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and stir well. Fold in chocolate chips or sliced almonds. Chill dough in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Form dough into small balls. Place 12 cookies on each baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes. Middle should be soft.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Copyright 2017 Less Talk More Bake
Original recipe at: http://bakingaway.blogspot.ca/2008/08/chewy-chocolate-white-chocolate-chip.html